Core Design Panel at PLAY Expo Manchester 2016
Update : The event is now over. Thanks again to Tomb of Ash for arranging it.
It was fun and full of good memories to see all these Core Design members together. The event had a big success, lots of fans were present and there were lots of pics and videos taken for those who couldn't join it.
Sadly some of the announced guests haven't been able to join the event but two additional Core members were present : Neal Boyd (Level Designer for Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider II) and Peter Connelly (Composer for Tomb Raider The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles and Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness).
(Picture from Tomb of Ash)
Top row (from left to right) : Stuart Atkinson, Andy Sandham, Nathan McCree, Natalie Cook, James Kenny, Heather Gibson and Gavin Rummery. Bottom row (from left to right) : Neal Boyd, Peter Connelly and Murti Schofield.
Have a look at all the medias from the event on Tomb of Ash and the additional photos on their Facebook page!
Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Tomb Raider with Core Design members!
Tomb of Ash have worked closely with PLAY Expo to make this happen and as a result you now have the chance to meet some of the Core Design team members; the people who were involved in making the original six Tomb Raider titles are coming to Manchester this October to talk about their work on the iconic franchise: this is an unmissable and one-in-a-lifetime event for any hardcore Tomb Raider fan!
There will be a huge roster of events, taking place throughout the weekend, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Tomb Raider™ with a one-time-only series of events, proving unmissable for fans of the franchise.
In tribute to gaming’s first lady of adventure, the party starts with what is set to be the largest Tomb Raider panel ever assembled! Hosted by Sky Sports™ eSports commentator Matt Andrews, and with a host of famous names throughout the history of the franchise, fans will be able to engage in a Q&A with the panel as well as hear untold stories from the development of the series. With more names yet to announce, confirmed guests so far include:
* Ian Livingstone CBE: Former CEO of Eidos® Interactive
* Jeremy Heath-Smith: Executive producer and Co-Founder of Core® Design
* Natalie Cook: Lara Croft™ original model for Tomb Raider™
* Richard Morton: Lead Game Designer / Level Designer / Environmental Artist for Tomb Raider II™ – Tomb Raider III™ – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation™ – Tomb Raider Chronicles™ – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness™
* Gavin Rummery: Programmer for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness / Head of Core Design
* Heather Gibson: Level Designer for Tomb Raider / Tomb Raider II
* Andy Sandham: Level Designer / Artist / Script Writer for Tomb Raider III – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation – Tomb Raider Chronicles
* Murti Schofield: Lead Writer / Casting for Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
* Nathan McCree: Composer for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider III
* Stuart Atkinson: Artist / Animator for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II
* James Kenny: Concept / Environmental Artist for Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
With so many cast and development members’ together at last, no reunion on this scale would be complete without the opportunity to capture the moment, and a Tomb Raider themed photo shoot will be the perfect place stand shoulder-to-shoulder with gaming’s greatest heroes!
In a feat worthy of Lara herself, PLAY Expo Manchester has scoured the globe unearthing the rarest of Tomb Raider collectibles, merchandise and memorabilia, on show in a specially designed display. Respecting the ground-breaking gameplay that has defined the series for two decades, PLAY Expo Manchester journeys through time, with every single Tomb Raider game throughout the ages on display and ready to play!
Industry legend Ian Livingstone CBE, who played such an enormous role in the success of the series will be hosting a separate talk on his staggering career in gaming.
Offering a separate discussion, renowned musician and composer of the first three Tomb Raider games Nathan McCree joins the expo hosting a talk on the sound design of the franchise and the importance of audio in games today.
Original Tomb Raider model Natalie Cook will be attending and will be dressing as Lara for an exclusive PLAY Expo Manchester photoshoot. Guests will be able to have their photo taken with Natalie and take away a souvenir high quality 6×9 print. Natalie will also be a guest judge for our cosplay masquerade each day.
More guests are expected to be confirmed for the celebration in the run up to the expo and more features based around the franchise will be revelead in the coming weeks.
Tomb of Ash / PLAY Expo Manchester
Get your tickets here!
=> Return to Articles & Interviews <=